Splashing around in the water on your boat
with friends and family brings joy and entertainment
all summer long.
Make sure you have proper insurance protection…
on your boat in case you or
someone else is hurt, or in the event of theft,
collision or damage. Keep these tips in mind:
TIPS FOR BOAT SAFETY/ BOAT OWNERS
• Secure your safety. Check your personal flotation
devices for wear, torn seams, secure straps,
buckles and inflation devices. Look for properly
working fire extinguishers, and keep a first aid
kit on board.
• Go high-tech. Download apps for your wireless
devices such as iNavX Marine Navigation,
Boater’s Pocket Reference, Emergency Distress
Beacon and Anchor Alarm.
• Make sure your boat is in shipshape. Locate and
repair any damage to your boat’s hull, patching
and plugging when needed.
• Know where you’re out to sea. Keep up-to-date
nautical maps handy when you head into large
bodies of water.
• Be on the lookout. Watch for other boats,
how fast they are traveling and their proximity to your vessel.